Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My sister (a US citizen) applied for my brother for

Customer Question
immigration 14 years ago. last...
my sister (a US citizen) applied for my brother for immigration 14 years ago. last year he got approved from the USIC and the petition went to the NVC. He went to the interview, but he had the wrong Birth Certificate, went back and sent the right one, then the NVC called my sister to ask where is she and she is doing. Now the NVC is asking my sister to prove domicile in the US, last time she went to the US was 14 years ago (at that time she applied the petition), she has a bank account and an expired driving license and she CANT go to the US this year or even the next next. The question is, How can she prove her domicile in the US?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
1/7/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 6 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Unfortunately, the only way to prove domicile in the US is to actually live in the US. She must be living in the US in for your brother's petition to go through. She would have to show that she lives in the US now or intends to come here by the time that your brother is coming here. Some examples are that she has a home in the US, that her children are registered in a school in the US, a job in the US, etc.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 6 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello. It looks like you may have opted out Jen Marie. This means that she is not able to respond to you, even though she wants to respond. Would you like to have her opted back in?