Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am trying to fill up the 1-90 form for renewing my GC but…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to fill up the 1-90 form for renewing my GC but i am lost with the location where applied and where issued

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Right now i am in MN

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I am trying to fillup the form

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

And also the class of admisison i dont see it on my green card

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
1/6/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience. Please allow me some time to review your question.

What is the case number ***** the original green card application?

And do you have the current card with you?

i have my green card since 10 yrs an dit is about to expire in april
I dont have my case number ***** my original green card

So you do not have the receipt or approval notice? When was that filed? And in what state was it filed from?

Was it through adjustment of status? Or did you have an immigrant visa when you came to the US?

Right now i dont have the recipiet of the approval notice or anything.I applied for adjustment of status when i had my h1b visa .

OK. Look on the back of your green card. Is there a number there that starts with three letters? If so, what are those letters?

SRC0718950972 is the card number on my GC

Where were you living when the I-485 was filed?

I know you are in MN now, but when it was filed, were you in MN?

Last question: was this a marriage based case or an employment based case? Was the I-485 filed concurrently with the I-130/I-140?

My husband has applied for adjustment of status and i got it through him
My husband company was in california when he applied for 485 but he worked here in MN

Was yours and his I-485 filed concurrently with his I-140?

once my husband 1-140 was approved then we applied for I-485

OK, so it was not concurrently filed. Thank you for your patience. Your answer is below. When you get your answers, you will be asked to give a rating - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated. This is important because this is how I credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

ANSWER: The first thing to remember is that the USCIS wants you to provide as much information as you have available, to the best of your knowledge. If you do not know something, then leave it blank and provide an explanation on Page 7 of the form.

In this case, there is no way to know for sure where you applied for the I-485 since you do not have the Receipt Notices. But you can provide the information about the office that issued it: Texas Service Center (SRC). It is likely that the location where it was filed is the same, Texas Service Center, but we can't be sure.

By the way, this is a lesson learned: keep all of your immigration documentation, even if you have a green card already. You never know when you will need it in the future.

I hope that answers your questions.

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please remember to click on 4 or 5 stars (★★★★) on your computer screen. This is important because this is how I get credit for doing my job.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going. I see you have reviewed my answer but I have not received credit for it. Remember that the rating is not based on the outcome you wanted or desired, but instead, on my service to you. Negative ratings are reserved for Experts who are rude or unprofessional.

Do you need more help?

Thank you!