Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I need immigration Lawyer regarding my greencard application…

Customer Question
I need immigration Lawyer...

I need immigration Lawyer regarding my greencard application as an spouse of american citizen

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Yes and I will be filing for removal of condition

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have a shoplifting case when i was 15, but i was not jailed and was not charged because i was minor and it was actually my friend who did the shoplifting, i got implicated because we were together, she went to jail but not me, my only worries is that the police officer picked me up and brought me to the station and they called my dad to picked me up at the station

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
I am going to submit my application to removed condition of my greencard as spouse of american citizen. I have a shoplifting case when i was 15 years old, i was not charged and was not jailed but i was brought to the station by police officer because i was a minor and my dad picked me up at the station. My question is what paper works do i need to include in my application to removed 2 years condition in my greencard? Do i need to go to court to get paper works that i was not charged or do i need to go to police station and get clean record?
1/6/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 6 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

why its taking longer for my reply
your reply is taking longer

I'm sorry my internet was down. I am back now.

Okay I understand, what is your question about the situation with the shoplifting case?

Did this come up when you applied for adjustment of status?