Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Another question, my husband is actually in jail right now.

Customer Question
For dui with gbi. Should...
Another question, my husband is actually in jail right now. For dui with gbi. Should i write down on form that he is in jail? Where to write it down? This is for the form I-751
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
1/6/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience. Please allow me some time to review your question.

Thank you for your patience. Your answer is below. When you get your answers, you will be asked to give a rating - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated. This is important because this is how I credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

ANSWER: You need to have him sign the form anyway. And then when it is time for the interview, take evidence that he is in jail, explaining that he is unable to appear. You also should be prepared to provide evidence of the good faith marriage at the interview.

You can also include can explanation in a cover letter with the I-851.

I hope that answers your questions.

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please remember to click on 4 or 5 stars (★★★★) on your computer screen. This is important because this is how I get credit for doing my job.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

Expert James
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer