Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I had my citizenship interview completed and they did not…

I had my citizenship interview...
I had my citizenship interview completed and they did not make a decision since they are waiting for a file. I got a parking ticket for parking on snow covered streets, how ever the ticket is saying non payable offense and I have to to appear in the court and the court date is February 15th 2018. In case if my citizenship is approved before and I need to go for oath ceremony before February 15th, I will mention it in the N-445 form, but at that time, I would not have paid the fine because the court date will be later. Will it stop me from getting the Citizenship? Please let me know
1/4/2018
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

If it's a nonmoving traffic violation, no this should not prevent you from getting your citizenship. You may be able to request the court for an earlier court date if you'd like.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Thanks for your response. I checked with the court and they told me that they cannot schedule earlier than Feb 15th. I am worried if I get my oath ceremony before Feb 15th, will there be any issue because I have a court appearance pending and I would not have paid the fine at that time? I am wondering why I got a ticket with non payable offense for parking ticket. Please advise me on what to do.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Phone call session started
Please call me as soon as possible

I have similar cases and a traffic citation like this did not delay the Oath Ceremony.

I can call you shortly.

It says that your phone call offer has expired and is not allowing me to call you.

Some other lawyer called me. I need to talk to you about this. Please tell me what to do?

OH I'm so sorry that happened. It looks like the attorney accepted your phone call first. You just have to let me know that you're going to request a phone call to make sure I'm available to accept it first. If you'd like, you can open a new question post and then I can offer you the phone call there.

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney