Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

If someone from the Dominican wants to just visit the USA…

Customer Question
If someone from the Dominican...
If someone from the Dominican wants to just visit the USA for a couple of days, do I need to write a letter or will his passport be significant enough?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
1/4/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience. Please allow me some time to review your question.

Ok. Thank you

Thank you for your patience. Your answer is below. When you get your answers, you will be asked to give a rating - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated. This is important because this is how I credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

ANSWER: You do not have to provide an invitation letter. However his passport, alone, is not enough. He needs to get a visitor visa through the US consulate or embassy in DR in order to come to the US as a visitor.

He can find information about how to do that here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/visitor.html

I hope that answers your questions.

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please remember to click on 4 or 5 stars (★★★★) on your computer screen. This is important because this is how I get credit for doing my job.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

Do you see my answer, above?

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going. I see you have reviewed my answer but I have not received credit for it. Remember that the rating is not based on the outcome you wanted or desired, but instead, on my service to you. Negative ratings are reserved for Experts who are rude or unprofessional.

Do you need more help?

Thank you!