Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Is a Kansas domestic violence pre trial diversion a

Customer Question
Is a Kansas domestic...

Is a Kansas domestic violence pre trial diversion a conviction for immigration purpose?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the U.S. government?

I am a LPR charged with class B misdemeanor. I have been arraigned and set to have a diversion hearing soon.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

Yes, i have a criminal lawyer who thinks diversion will not affect me but i talked to an immigration lawyer who thinks it could and want $750.00 to work with my criminal lawyer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My case is in johnson county Kansas and the charges were a misunderstanding. The neighbours called the police and they arrested me because i poured water on my boyfriend.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
1/3/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 7 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

thank you
i have a 5$ charge and a 33$ charge on my account and i only agreed to the 5$

I'm sorry, the $5 is a deposit. The $33 is the total price for the consultation.

If you don't agree, then it's okay you can request a refund. Let me know if you'd like to continue.

I would like a refund please. i thought it was only 5$.

You would have to request this from customer service.