Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Do you practice US law or Canadian law. ???? I am in

Customer Question
Do you practice US...

Do you practice US law or Canadian law

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

????

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I am in Ontario, Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

????

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
1/3/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience.

You have posted your question in the US immigration section. I practice US immigration law. Are you Canadian seeking US immigration information?

I am still available to answer your question. Do you still want my help?

I am a Canadian, 66, seeking a Green Card. All my siblings, and other relatives, excluding my mother, 86, are American citizens. Nobody wants to sponsor me for a green card, because they would be responsible for my medical expenses, should I fall ill.
Here in Canada; where I run my own company, the Future Computing Institute (FCI), www.FutureComputing.ca , I get pensions, free health, medical, dental, and prescription-medication; and numerius other seniors benefits, such as RGI, Rent Geared to Income, Ontario Housing Stability (OHS) subsidy. Many Amaricans have immigrated to Canada. Since I worked 10 years in the United States, I also qualify for 401K benefits
Although one cannot get all such seniors benefits, except Medicare; in the US, I would personally like to at least get a green card, for a start.
Can you help with this,

I cannot represent you as your lawyer, but I can answer questions. What kind of help do you need? What is your question?

I just need direction with this project to obtain a green card.
Since my siblings cannot sponsor me, what other options do I have to obtain a green card? Please advise me, anybody?

So just to clarify, you already have at least 40 quarters of employment in the US, as defined by the Social Security Act?