Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I'm wndering if an immigration lawyer can move a visa

HI, I'm wndering if...

HI, I'm wndering if an immigration lawyer can move a visa application through the system faster than I could doing it myself. Spousal Visa

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

No. My husband is American and is on a residency visa here in Australia. Myself and our children are Australian. We have decided to relocate to the US.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/3/2018
Nisha Jones

Good evening, I am an Immigration Law attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

I've reviewed your question and I'm happy to help. Give me just a few minutes to type up some information for you, thanks!

An immgration lawyer cannot speed up the process in the sense of having your case expedited, however they can help speed up the process in another way.

Having an attorney fill out your petitions ensures that:

(1.) all the forms are filled out correctly the first time

(2.) all of the necessary supporting documents are included

(3.) all forms are prepared quickly and sent in together as a single packet.

In other words your case is not approved faster because it's submitted by a lawyer instead of you, but it can be completed and submitted more quickly if done by an experienced immigration attorney.

In addition, having a lawyer removes the burden and stress of preparing the documents and gather supporting evidence, as well as handling correspondence from USCIS, etc. from you, on to your attorney.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Nisha Jones
Thanks. Could you tell me if DCF is available in Australia and if this route would help with timing?