Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My friend Vijay is an Indian and holds Indian passport. He…

Customer Question
My friend Vijay is...

My friend Vijay is an Indian and holds Indian passport.
He was travelling from US to India.The ticket he had bought from Expedia had the following itinerary :
1. Texas - > Paris
2. Paris -> Amsterdam
3. Amsterdam -> HyderabadWhile leaving from US he got boarding passes for all the 3 flights. After the completion of his first flight at Paris he went to board his second flight
from Paris to Amsterdam. At that time he was not allowed to board the flight .
They told him that he needs a European visa even thought he is transiting through to
his final destination in India.They told him that 2 stops in Europe is not permissible without eurporan visa.
He was refused entry .
Once Vijay explained the scenario to the immigration office at Paris they called up the airlines .
The airlines admitted their mistake of not specifying that European visa is required for this trip since it had 2 stops in Europe.
The airlines folks booked a flight free of charge from Paris to Hyderabad which was scheduled to fly after 13 hours.Vijay did all the paper work and he was kept in "No Zone" for the time and before his flight for India
the immigration office in Parris stamped "Entry Refusal" stamp on his passport.
He came back to India thereafter. He is in India now and has the following questions:1. He is there in India for visa stamping . Will this "Entry Refusal" stamp at Paris on the passport be of any issue for US H-1 B visa stamping ?
2. Will this "Entry Refusal" stamp on his passport at Paris be of any issue when he is entering US at port of entry post visa stamping?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
1/2/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your legal immigration law today. I'm attorney Bill offering assistance and support in relation to your friend's denied entry and the consequences of this for his US immigration records.

A denial of entry in a foreign country will not effect your friend's immigration visa applications or status in the US as they have no jurisdictional effect upon US immigration laws.

Your friend's complaint is a consumer complaint that can be filed with the Federal Trade Commission / attorney General's office in Texas.

Your friend can sue the airline for inconvenience , negligence and damages from their oversight in disrupting his travel plans.

https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc

We are here to help so please follow up with me if there is anything else I can do for you.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback today to get a credit.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

So I hope you rate FIVE STARS today.

Thanks

Attorney Bill