Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am a canadian PR Last week i lost my PR CARD I need to…

Customer Question
hello i am a canadian...
hello i am a canadian PR
Last week i lost my PR CARD
I need to leave to US(have a valid us visa) on 10 jan for one week and then from there i will be leaving to india for 1 month
i m planning to apply travel document once i am in india in order to return to canada
but my concern is will i be asked by US immigration for my canadian PR card when i enter US and when i will be leaving from US to india
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
1/1/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 7 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Hello and welcome back. Please remember to use FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box so that no one else grabs the question and I can become your personal immigration consultant.

What is your current status in the U.S.? What visa do you have to come back?

I am a canadian PR
for US I have b1/b2 visa

Ok. How long have you stayed in the U.S. this last trip? When are you leaving? When are you coming back to the U.S.?

i think u r not getting my que. right
i have never been to US before and currently i m in canada only i will be going to US on 10 jan

And when was the last time that you came to the U.S.? How long did you stay? What date did you last leave the U.S.?

Sir i am telling this again I have never been to U.S before

Ok. Now I understand. You don't need your Canadian PR to enter the U.S., but you might need to prove that you have strong ties to Canada or outside of the U.S. So the answer to your question is that the Canadian PR is not required, but it can help to show that you have strong ties to Canada. You can use other things to show that like proof of a good job, proof of home ownership, etc.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!