Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My mom needs to renew her card how those she needs to wait…

Customer Question
My mom needs to...

My mom needs to renew her green card how long those she needs to wait before she can apply

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

No not yet her permanent residents card expires on June 13 2018

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/31/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 4 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

When does her current green card expire? Is it a 10 year green card?

You are not charged more or anything for answering my questions but I do need the answer to be able to help you. :)

Her card expires on 6/13/2018

She can apply to renew it as early as 6 months before it expires. That means she could have sent her application starting on December 13, 2017. She could definitely send it now and should try to send it as soon as possible.

There are long delays now for the new card, but even if she doesn't have the new one before the old one expires, it doesn't mean her status in the US is in danger. She continues to be a green card holder, it's just the card that is expired.

Happy New Year!

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney