Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have recently applied for a K-1 Visa on my Fiance behalf.

Customer Question
Hello. I have recently...

Hello. I have recently applied for a K-1 Visa on my Fiance behalf. She is from Brazil. It was mailed last week. I have been worried because of where she has been staying. She fears for her life and I do also. It has becomming more and more dangerous where she lives. Her father is a police officer in Brasillia, Brazil. This is also where she is living currently. She had moved from Rio because her father thought it was safer to leave and move. However it has not been. I have all the required evidence and police reports to back up my concerns for her safety. My question is, can I submit this for an expedite to USCIS?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

It was just submitted last week. i have no case number ***** nor got a notification that it has been started.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No i can tell him or her the evidence and police reports once im in contact.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/31/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 7 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Expediting is possible, but why is her life in danger that the local police cannot handle?