Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Yeah. I have a vailid visa (B1/B2) and applied for the same…

Customer Question
Yeah Lawyer's Assistant: What...

Yeah

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the U.S. government?

I have a vailid visa (B1/B2) and applied for the same type of visa for my wife and Daughter. I gave my passport for my wife a a refrence during her interview and she came back denied and my visa was cancelled without prejudice kindly avice on waht i can do

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Thats all

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/31/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 4 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

The problem most likely is that they approved you because your strongest ties, your spouse and child, were remaining behind which helps them feel comfortable that you would go back home and not attempt to stay in the U.S. When you applied for your spouse and child, that basically made them think that you perhaps had immigrant intent. What country are you from? Other than your spouse and daughter, what ties do you have to your country that are not easily abandoned?

am from Ghana, and have used my visa to travel to Los angeles before which i stay for 4months. i dont have an intention and hvae never think about making an ilegal immigration to the US because in no way I can abandon the live I've built over here in ghana

It doesn't much matter what you say, it's what you can prove. As I said, by applying for your family, you made them think that it is a possibility that you will all come to the U.S. together and stay. So, do you have an amazing life in Ghana with a job where you earn higher than the average wage? What do you do and how much more than average do you earn? What other ties do you have to Ghana?

I work as a manager in a construction company and I have a vision of starting my own company in 2021 in which have already started the foundation. reasons I applied for my and child is just for vacation pourposes
I need someone to talk to and possibly replying with my family

Well, unfortunately, there is no appeal of this decision. All you can do is apply again and you would have a better and easier time if you just applied for yourself and not the rest of your family. If your family applies as well, it will be much harder to get approvals. Here are some links that explain what you will have to prove to get them to approve:

https://www.us-immigration.com/blog/how-to-show-ties-to-home-country-during-a-visa-interview

http://www.immigratetoamerica.org/how-to-show-strong-ties-to-home-country-while-getting-a-visa/

https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-prove-that-you-have-strong-ties-to-your-home-country-when-you-are-clearly-not-given-a-chance-at-all-to-explain-or-show-documentation

I wish I had better news for you, but you will need to apply again and prove strong ties.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.