Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I'm currently on H1 since Oct-2015 and I-94 is valid till…

I'm currently on H1 since...
I'm currently on H1 since Oct-2015 and I-94 is valid till April-2020. I moved to Employer B from A on August,2017 on H1b receipt. However, on December4,2017 i got a RFE on H1B of A. Now an Employer C has filed my H1b in premium processing and is asking to me join me on receipt.Is it safe to join Employer C on H1b receipt or is there a higher chance of denial/rfe on Employer C's petition?
12/30/2017
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

If A did not apply for an extension, why would USCIS ask for something from A? Or is it that they are asking for something from A to prove that you were in legal status when B filed for you and you went to work for B?

Sorry for the typo i meant i got a RFE on Employer B.

You should be able to join C because your I-94 has not expired, but you should be prepared to show evidence that you had not gaps in employment between A to B and B to C.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

There were no gaps of employment between A to B and i have all the paystubs from B which C has used to file H1.But is there a chance of getting RFE on C's applicaton as B's response to RFE is still awaited?

Yes. There is always a chance especially now that I have heard that there has been an over 40% increase in the issuing of RFEs. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!