Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I'm working in Cayman and recently my gf moved to us and…

Customer Question
I'm working in Cayman and...
I'm working in Cayman and recently my gf moved to us and waiting for her green card.we are planning get married next year and be together
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/29/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 6 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Ok thanks for the information. What is your question about your situation?

My Cuban moved to Nebraska and waiting for her green card and we are planning to get married next year and be together.i need to know the procedure
Hello
Hello, you still there
Ok,can you answer my questions
Can you answer my questions please

Yes, I am here. I cannot answer you if you opt me out of the question.

What are your specific questions?

Once she has her green card, your future wife can submit an I-130 petition for you. It will take about 1 and a half years for there to be a green card available for you so the sooner that you submit the petition, the better. However, she cannot submit it for you until you are actually married.