Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Im currently filling out my non immigrant visa form which is…

Customer Question
Im currently filling out...

Im currently filling out my non immigrant visa form which is a k1 visa but when i go to fill in what visa class on the site its not listed ..ti my understanding a k1 visa is an non immigrant visa.. so why don't i see the k1 visa class listed ..all i need to do is to pay the fee

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the K-1 visa?

Have not

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/27/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Does it appear if you choose immigrant visa?

it doesn't but when i choose immigrant visa the option to pay the required fee comes up which is $265 but yet i cant pay the the fee since the option to continue doesn't show up to print the receipt to take to the bank ...on the non immigrant site i get the option to print the receipt by choosing a different class but my visa class don't show up therefore the required amount don't show up to pay the pay the actual amount for my class amount

This is more of a tech support question than a legal question. Have you contacted the NVC?

Ive contacted them through email all they say is follow the instructions
if you go to the non immigrant site that option is not there ..why would only the k visa class not be there when it is considered a non immigrant visa

The thing is that I would have to do it step by step with you to see what you see and what is happening. Like I said, this is more of a tech support question. Which browser are you using?

Ive used firefox ..internet explorer ..safari

Well, like I said, I'd have to go through each step with you while I am on the computer to see what is going on. It's not a legal situation, it is a tech support situation which I am willing to do, but not sure how we can get this done.

Ely, Counselor at Law