Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I was in the USA on a b1 in lieu of h1 for six months then…

Customer Question
I was in the...

I was in the USA on a b1 in lieu of h1 b for six months then filed with uscis to extend then I left at Christmas went to the consulate again for another six months but got a 214 b

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Yes all filed and I have expedited the process

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes he is starting my L1 visa but in the mean time I need to return I can go on a B1 visa as my company has autrised this should I reapply

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/27/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 6 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

I have filed another ds160 for a b1 visa
I need to get back to the USA short term how can o get a b1 asap

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

So in other words, you stayed almost a full year in the U.S. on B-1, then wanted to come back on another B-1 how soon after leaving? This is probably not going to be good news. How are you even supporting yourself without being able to work? And why do you need to come back so soon for another long trip?

You did not read correctly i got a b1 in Lieu of h1b and then filed with uscis for an extension I was only there 7 months!!
Now I am asking for just a b1 for after sales support to complete the project for one month only!!!
If you don't have any helpful advice I want my money back and why was I charged 38$ when it asked for 5$???
Seriously if you don't refund the money I will take legal action
When can I get my refund

Sorry about the delay, but the first thing you did was what I asked you to not do which was click on the opt out button which means that I was not able to respond to you until a moderator opted me back in. So it wasn't that I was ignoring you, it was that I was not allowed to respond due to your action. But now I am back and I can respond. As far as the fee, please keep in mind that you are able to ask multiple questions without limit, to speak to a licensed and experienced attorney, without having to make an appointment, miss time from work, drive probably through traffic, wasting gas, then waiting in a waiting room for who knows how long. So keep that in mind when considering the small fee, even at $38.

So....I truly do want to help you and I would have responded very quickly, but you opted me out. Now you are upset over something that was not my fault. Do you still want to continue? I do want to help you if I can. Please let me know.