Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I was denied entry into a foreign country. For no specific…

Customer Question
I was denied entry...

I was denied entry into a foreign country

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

For no specific reason I'm Canadian

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have a criminal record from Canada but idont know if foreign countries hold that information

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/27/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 7 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Are you looking for information related to the US?

no
I was travelling to barbados
i got kicked out of Barbados at the airport upon entering immigration. I was denied entry, then i tried going again and i was accepted in. the third time i went i was denied again. they gave me an application form to fill out for a re entry which requires a sponsor from the country.i was also denied after applying for a re entry.

I can only US related questions. I will opt out.

well, can i travel to the US if i have a criminal record?
i was denied at the US border once, back in 2003

Were you denied based on the crime?

What crime were you convicted of?

armed robbery, confinement, fire arm possession

You can apply for a B2 visa to the US but you will need a waiver. The waiver would be the 212(d)(3) waiver also called the Hranka waiver. You can apply for that when you apply for the visa. https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/applying-nonimmigrant-visa-hranka-waiver.html

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."