Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I was denied a US visa but my mom just passed away in the US…

Customer Question
Hello. i was denied...

Hello. i was denied a US visa but my mom just passed away in the US and i would like to attend the funeral. is there anyway i can get a specia pass or something to be able to travel just for the funeral and return

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Actually my husband and i went to the barbados embassy and he was granted and given his green card and i was denied. i had a court case with my business and they denied me for that

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?

No i have not

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well i went back to Barbados in january of this year and was told that my husband would have to apply for me to get a green card. but my mom just died yesterday and i would really like to be there.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/25/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 6 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

My condolences on the loss of your mother. So you were basically denied because your spouse is a U.S. Citizen and they figured you would have immigrant intent? Has he filed an I-130 for you?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

There might be a way, but I need you to respond. Did they deny because they knew about your relationship? Have you been banned, perhaps with a 5 year penalty? Has he filed an I-130 for you? When?