Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

Need to chat with immigration lawyer. Im about to and have…

Need to chat with...

Need to chat with immigration lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

No. Im about to and have completed the form but need certain clarifications before i submit

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Do you mean I should type my concerns/issues with you?

12/24/2017
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

So what would you like to know?

My US wife is filing for my 4 children, having filed for me and got my own green card approved last year November. I have the following questions:
Form I-864
1. Page 1(Part 2. Information About the Principal Immigrant): Whose name and other information are required here?
2. Page 2. Information about the Immigrants You are sponsoring: Here i checked 'Yes' in option 1 under 'I am sponsoring the principal immigrant named in Part 2. Is this ok?
I can not find response to my questions and my card had been billed.

Yes. That's how it works. Please give me a moment. You only posted your questions a few minutes ago, it is a Sunday, and a holiday. Is a few minutes delay unreasonable?

What was the visa that each child used to enter the U.S.? Or are they still outside? How old was each when you married your current spouse?

Ok, thanks. Will be expecting your response.

No problem. Thank you for your understanding. Did you see my questions above?

They are in the US and enteted with visiting visa in April 2016.
The ages are: 16, 14, 12 and 9
Thanks

Ok. Perfect! Let's go one by one:

When a U.S. Citizen step-parent files for step-children, each child is processed individually. So each child would have their own I-485 and I-864. So each child would be considered to be the Principal Immigrant. So it would be the child's name in that part that is using that specific I-864.

2. Page 2. Information about the Immigrants You are sponsoring: Here I checked 'Yes' in option 1 under 'I am sponsoring the principal immigrant named in Part 2. Is this ok?

Yes, that is correct.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

The ages i sent are their curtent ages. I married my current spouse May 20, 2016

That's fine as long as you married before any of the children turned 18.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

I will certainly do the positive rating after your response is received. Your approach is good and satisfactory.
Expecting your reply to the questions. Thanks

I have responded already, at 11:20am (my time) and 11:25am. You don't see my responses? You might have to refresh your browser.

I have not seen it. I will refresh and get back. Thanks

I will repost, just in case:

Ok. Perfect! Let's go one by one:

Yes, that is correct.

I may need further assistance from you. But i just received a call and need to go out now. Will it be ok i commence communication with you later?

Do not worry. You can leave a positive rating now and your session never closes. So you can come back tomorrow, next week, next month, or even next year and post a follow-up without additional charge.

Ok. I will fo the rating. Can you answer the following questions for me please..
1. Will there be intervew between my current spouse and the children with the USICS concerning the filing?
2. When is the latest date to do this filing with 2016 tax returns.
Thank you.

1) I don't believe they will for the 2 younger children, but it is possible for the two older children.

2) It depends. I would file quickly because if you file too close to April 15th (I cannot tell you when is "too close"), they may ask for the 2017 taxes unless you can show proof of an extension of the 2017 taxes deadline.

If I understand you well, you mean its ok to do the filing before end of January 2017 with the 2016 tax returns?

Well, the end of January 2018, yes, that should work.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see the stars or smiley faces, please scroll to the top of the page to see them or click on my name and they should come out. Also, we do NOT finish just because it says "Rate to Finish" or something like that. Your question does NOT close and you can continue to ask questions without additional charge on the same question thread even after you leave a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.

Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!

Thank you for the prompt and polite responses. I will commence further communication with you concerning the current subject.
Thank you for the anticipated cooperation and understanding in this regard.

You are very welcome. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Good day. Do I still need to send photographs as evidence of marriage with the documents accompanying the children's filing please.

I would send some evidence, yes.

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.