Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am 23 yrs old, recent graduate and unemployed for now,

Customer Question
Second opinion] Hello.I am 23...
Second opinion] Hello.I am 23 yrs old, recent graduate and unemployed for now, from the Philippines. I have some questions about applying for a tourist visa..First of all, my citizenship is Filipino but my biological Father is an American. I was not acknowledged by him and my mother passed away when I was 5. I was legally adopted by my aunt. Recently, I found my dad via internet and tried to reach out to him but he is not interested to get to know me. So basically, there is no way that he'll acknowledge me. But I have some contacts with his relatives and my half brother whom I also found via internet.Now, I would like to apply for a tourist visa mainly for vacation with my adopted family and see the rest of the family of my father's side since they also want to meet me, and that's it.My aunt and uncle who adopted me was issued a green card but they had to return it because they have to stay in the US for a long time and they just want to stay here in the Philippines and live here for good and just have a vacation in the US to visit other family whenever.Applying for a Tourist Visa, i need to have proof of ties that I am coming back to the PH.
My main reason for travelling is vacation with my adopted family whenever they plan to go the US next year and visit my roots from my father's side.Now my question is, if I make my family relationship of my adopted parents my main proof thay I am coming back here in the PH since I dont have any property nor a job yet since they also wanted me to travel with them first before I start a job, will it be enough evidence that I am coming back to the Philippines? If so, what other things can i have to prove that I am really coming back?I really need your advice. Thank you so much!
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/23/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 4 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Ely, Counselor at Law