Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

If you applied for us citizenship under the DD 214 during an…

Customer Question
If you applied for...

If you applied for us citizenship under the DD 214 during an hostility can you work in the us

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

N400 and N426

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Have a forever green card but moved to canada for a couple of years

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/22/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 6 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

I am happy to help you but please a little further. You said you have a green card but then you mentioned applying for US citizenship. Are you a citizenship or a green card holder?

What is your specific question? Thanks !

I applied for us citizenship under N400 and N426 as I was in military during an hostility.......I have a forever green card but left for canada. I am now in the states and would like to know if I can work......was out of the states for over a year. I don’t need a green card to apply for citizenship but can I work

This is where your question is confusing. Was your US citizenship ever approved?

When you entered the US recently, did you show your green card or did you enter as a visitor?