Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am a usa Citizen. My wife has card. She left usa on

Customer Question
I am a usa...

I am a usa Citizen. My wife has green card. She left usa on 01/09/2017 to india to attend a legal matter. She is planning to come back to USA on 01/15/2018. Any problem if she stays in India for more than an year? What I need to do so my wife can come back safely. Gang

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Legal fee for advice

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/22/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 6 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an Immigration Law attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 6 months ago

I've reviewed your question and I'm happy to help!

Did your wife apply for a re-entry permit before she left the US?