Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Mr Senmartin My sister in law arrived to US Nov 05, she was…

Customer Question
Mr Senmartin My sister in law...
Mr Senmartin
My sister in law arrived to US Nov 05, she was detain because her daughter was born on a trip in 2013, she came in 2013 she has a insurance from her country , she came for only 8 days (We have copy of the tickets) She has swelling of the legs and light bleeding .She was advice no to fly back .
When she visit a med clinic in 2013 the did not accept and make her apply for MediCal, she asked the social worker if there is a problem because her Visa B1/B2 and she said NO.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/22/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 7 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Did they let her in this trip or is she still being detained? Did she pay back the medical bills?

She was arrested and asked for asylum. She passes the credible fear interview, we processed the document to obtain Parole. Parole was denied based on "public charge”. She has been in jail for 45 days.
I spoke with MediCal and there are no debts (Verbally) I sent an email to MediCal to the department of collection and asked them for a letter of no debt, they answered that it was in process (I'm waiting for the letter).
What is the possibility that CBP remove the charge of public charge? And maybe will be easier to appeal the denial of her parole.

So they are going to process her Asylum, but they don't want to release her? What country is she from? Has she requested a bond hearing before an Immigration Judge?

they are going to process her asylum, she is from Venezuela. I believed IJ does not have jurisdiction on new arrivals at least in California

Sorry about the delay. Here are a couple of links that you can read:

https://www.ice.gov/doclib/dro/pdf/11002.1-hd-parole_of_arriving_aliens_found_credible_fear.pdf?lipi=urn%3Ali%3Apage%3Ad_flagship3_pulse_read%3B1KsdV%2FbNSkCQNAae0trQqw%3D%3D

https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/news/publications/us-dept-of-homeland-security-parole-worksheet/?lipi=urn%3Ali%3Apage%3Ad_flagship3_pulse_read%3B1KsdV%2FbNSkCQNAae0trQqw%3D%3D

She needs to try to get parole again and it would be helpful if you can secure evidence that the debt has been paid.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Mr Semartin as a lawyer you must know that you can not apply for a new parole, the only option is to appeal the parole denial. All the link you sent I I already saw it is widely available online. When I request your opinion was because you as immigration lawyer knows more in this legal matter. I was hoping to you can give me more orientation on Matters of Rodriguez, Matter of Joseph (Joseph hearing )I asked you if I can make CBP correct the charges (No answer on that ) etc .
Basically there is nothing new or helpful in your opinion .
I hope I do not get charge for your consultation .
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 6 months ago

My friend, I am not a mind-reader. I don't know what you know and what yo do not know, so I have to proceed under the assumption that you don't know anything about the process. And yes, pretty much everything is available online, but that does not mean that it is pertinent. If I provided you something that you already knew about, then you are supposed to take it as a verification from an expert. What more would you like to know about? I cannot do legal research for you which costs hundreds of dollars an hour, but please understand that you are getting a bargain for a fraction of the cost, especially during the holidays and a holiday weekend no less. Remember that you aren't having to make an appointment, drive to an attorney's office, wait for who knows how long in a waiting room, and then with no guarantee that the problem will be resolved to your satisfaction. So let's try to be a little reasonable here. So what else would you like to know? Can she secure evidence that the debt has been paid? That should be the way to get CBP to lift the public charge issue.

Happy Holidays !

Thank you. Likewise.