Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have my greencard filed by my brother, am a med school…

Customer Question
I have my greencard...

I have my greencard filed by my brother, am a med school graduate who wants to do residency in USA. i gto rejected 4 times for my B1 visa. i would like to know the other options to get visa

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

Yes, pending I 130 filed in 2009

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I would like to know my options for entering USA to pursue medical residency

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/20/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Nisha Jones, Esq.

Good morning, I am an Immigration Law attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Are you familiar with the process for foreign international medical graduates applying for US residencies?

You would need to obtain either an H1B visa or a J1 visa.

After matching into a residency program, the program in most cases will actually sponsor your visa and petition on your behalf.

For more detailed information on the entire process, see:

https://www.aafp.org/medical-school-residency/residency/apply/img.html

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!

Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer