Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am in my OPT right now and it is ending on Jan 15th. I…

Customer Question
Hi, I am in my...
Hi, I am in my OPT right now and it is ending on Jan 15th. I have applied for STEM extension and my application is under review right now. The company that I work for changed its legal entity name after I had submitted by application. The company's e-verify number is ***** the same but the name has changed. I have referred to the old name in i20 i765 and employee verification letter.I let my DSO know about this and they asked what needs to be updated to USCIS and they are not giving consistent answers. Last week they were saying both i20 and i765 needs to be updated but this week only i765 needs to be updated. I have updated that and sent it to USCIS.But I am still worried if my application is somehow affected by any of this. Could you tell me if I need to something here?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/20/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 6 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

• You must update the I-765 and in SEVIS use the OPT Request link on the Student Information page to update the employer or employment status changes.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

34;in SEVIS use the OPT Request link on the Student Information page to update the employer or employment status changes" Where do I do this?

It's on the student information page. If you can't do it, your designated school official has access.

Hope this helps.