Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Can I remain married(living together) to my abusive husband…

Customer Question
Can I remain married(living together)...
Can I remain married(living together) to my abusive husband after filing for vawa? My case is very stong and he got convicted. I got a restraining order and he is doing therapy now. I have hope that he will change and overcome his issues so I would like to give him a chance. Would that look bad and I could get my case denied? Thanks.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/20/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 7 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Yes, legally you are allowed to continue living with your abusive spouse. This should not be a reason for denial.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Ok, thanks!

You're welcome!

Please kindly remember the rating with the stars on the top.