Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I need some legal information. Ohio. She was called to get…

Customer Question
I need some legal...

I need some legal information

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

She was called to get her visa...when she dropped her passport for visa after 3 weeks rejected under 212 (f) presidential proclamation

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is there any possibility to reconsider her visa?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/20/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 6 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

What visa did she apply for? What country is she from?

family visa , she is from yemen
i prefer writing

Which family visa? Who applied for her?

I will assume that it was a U.S. Citizen relative that applied for her. The problem is that she ran into the travel ban because she is from Yemen. At this time, the U.S. Supreme Court upheld the travel ban which means that there will not be any immigrant or non-immigrant visas issued to persons from Yemen until the ban is lifted. Unfortunately, no one knows when that will be. The idea is that the U.S. is supposed to implement stricter security vetting and until that happens, the ban will remain in place. Since the U.S. Supreme Court has spoken in the matter, new litigation most likely will not be successful at this time, so unfortunately, all you can do is wait. Please do not get upset at me, I am just the messenger. I truly wish I had better news for you. Hopefully they will lift the ban in a few months.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.