Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I receive ssd and i have a job as well... Would that affect…

Customer Question
I receive ssd and...

I receive ssd and i have a job as well... Would that affect my chances of filing to my my boyfriend..to be a permant resident

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What other options do i have

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/19/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Welcome to JustAnswer! I have 34 years experience as an immigration attorney and I am here to help resolve your immigration issue. Tackling these issues can sometimes get confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone or document review, I am able to do that for an additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested.

No, as a US citizen you are entitled to that means tested benefit. However you will not be able to use that income for the I-864 Affidavit of Support. You will need a joint sponsor.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. I appreciate this opportunity to help you. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating. If you are very satisfied with my answer please take a moment to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page. The question thread remains open and you can ask follow-up questions.

Judith