Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

Have you ever been found in violation of customs or

Customer Question

hello
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Have you ever been found in violation of customs or immigration laws or other federal import laws? this question i cross the border from usa to canada 2011 illegal
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: i just got my Canadian passport last week
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i was wondering if i am illegible i was arrested waited in jail or border 1 week
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: and i paid 5000 bond to get out of jail
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  retireddebra replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear that it sounds like you are in a difficult situation.

I am not sure what you are asking about in terms of eligibility. Please explain a bit more.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What's the answer for that Nexus question I attached . In regarding to my situation. I cross border from USA to Canada illegal. Am I allows back to USA as travel or not . How can I find out if I have criminal record in USA or not

This is for the US and I will ask the site to move this to the US law list.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I will be the US immigration attorney helping you. What country are you a citizen of? What was your status when you were inside the US?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am canadian .i came from turkey to usa for work work and travel visa for 3 month and i cross the border from USA to Canada th first time i got arrested held on 1 week till i get 5000 bond to get out of jail .I was wondering do i still have criminal record or not .(bot***** *****ne is that i have to find out if the charged were dropped/dismissed so that way I can honestly answer NO to that question

Were you arrested in Canada in or USA?

Did you spend any time illegally in the USA?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I got arrested in USA(2011) , I was supposed to work in Florida but i didn't go to work , i stayed in Buffalo at refuge camp . I left the USA before i finish my 3 month work visa .Also they gave me court date to apply refuge in USA , but before court date i was in Canada anyway .My lawyer helped me to close my case by reporting to USA that i am in Canada .Because i cross the border with boat the secand time and i made to Canada. I got my Canadian passport last week .
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thanks.