Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Have you ever been found in violation of customs or

Customer Question
Have you ever been...

Have you ever been found in violation of customs or immigration laws or other federal import laws? this question i cross the border from usa to canada 2011 illegal

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I just got my Canadian passport last week

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I was wondering if i am illegible i was arrested waited in jail or border 1 week

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

And i paid 5000 bond to get out of jail

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/19/2017
Immigration Lawyer: retireddebra,
 replied 5 months ago
retireddebra

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Immigration Lawyer: retireddebra,
 replied 5 months ago

I am sorry to hear that it sounds like you are in a difficult situation.

I am not sure what you are asking about in terms of eligibility. Please explain a bit more.

What's the answer for that Nexus question I attached . In regarding to my situation. I cross border from USA to Canada illegal. Am I allows back to USA as travel or not . How can I find out if I have criminal record in USA or not
Immigration Lawyer: retireddebra,
 replied 5 months ago

This is for the US and I will ask the site to move this to the US law list.

Thank you
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 5 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** and I will be the US immigration attorney helping you. What country are you a citizen of? What was your status when you were inside the US?

I am canadian .i came from turkey to usa for work work and travel visa for 3 month and i cross the border from USA to Canada th first time i got arrested held on 1 week till i get 5000 bond to get out of jail .I was wondering do i still have criminal record or not .(bot***** *****ne is that i have to find out if the charged were dropped/dismissed so that way I can honestly answer NO to that question

Were you arrested in Canada in or USA?

Did you spend any time illegally in the USA?

I got arrested in USA(2011) , I was supposed to work in Florida but i didn't go to work , i stayed in Buffalo at refuge camp . I left the USA before i finish my 3 month work visa .Also they gave me court date to apply refuge in USA , but before court date i was in Canada anyway .My lawyer helped me to close my case by reporting to USA that i am in Canada .Because i cross the border with boat the secand time and i made to Canada. I got my Canadian passport last week .
Thanks.
Ely, Counselor at Law