Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

What forms are required for completion for the joint

Customer Question
What forms are required...

What forms are required for completion for the joint financial sponsor?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

NO

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

NEED TO SPEAK TO SOMEOME THANKS

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/19/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 5 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Is the Joint Sponsor married? Will they need their spouse's income to qualify?

Ok. Then the principal Joint Sponsor will need to fill out an I-864 and the spouse will have to fill out the I-864A. Each will have to provide with their form the following:

1) Copies of the last income taxes.
2) Copies of the last 1099s and/or W-2s.
3) Copies of the last 3 to 6 bank statements.
4) Copies of the Last 3 to 6 paycheck stubs.
5) Letter from the employer on company letterhead stating salary, position, time with the company and prospects for continued employment in the near future.

If either is self-employed, then the following:

5) Copies of the articles of incorporation and proof that they are the owner.
6) Copies of their profit and loss statements.
7) A letter from them stating their position with the company, what they pay themselves and the prospects for this remaining stable or improving in the near future.

They also each have to provide proof of their U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.