Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have been a permanent resident since 1989. I have three…

Customer Question
I have been a permanent...
I have been a permanent resident since 1989. I have three arrest, all misdemeanors. Two were dismissed and the third one I was convicted of disturbing the peace. Im hearing residents are getting kicked out for crimes committed. Is this a reasin for me getting deported?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/18/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 7 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

So you did not admit to the essential elements of any crimes, the first two were dismissed and the second was just a disturbing the peace? Please tell me about that one? What happened? And what was the sentence?

I was arrested for soliciting prostitution. The judge decreased the conviction to disturbing the peace. This happened in 1993.

Ok. And you did not admit to the essential elements of soliciting a prostitute? And what was the sentence?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

If you did not admit the essential elements of any crime, then you should be fine. That minor crime that you were actually convicted of does not make you inadmissible nor deportable from the U.S. Just make sure that you don't have any additional problems in the future. You should consider applying for U.S. Citizenship so that you can be truly safe.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 6 months ago

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!