Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Requirement for EB1C ------------------------------ Judith,

Customer Question
For Judith -------------- Requirement for EB1C ------------------------------ Greetings Judith,I...
For Judith
--------------
Requirement for EB1C
------------------------------
Greetings Judith,I just wanted to check what the requirements are for EB1C and can a software engineer apply in EB1C and what is the wait time for an Indian applicant.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/18/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

There is no wait for an available visa number for India EB1C.

It is difficult to know if you qualify. Any occupation can qualify for EB1C depending upon whether they have sustained achievements in the field of expertise above and beyond that of others in the same field.

• Such achievements would consist of internationally recognized awards and prizes,
  • your membership in associations which require outstanding achievements,
  • published material about your work in trade publications or other major media,
  • your participation as a judge of the work of others in the same field,
  • your original contributions of major significance in the field, (patents),
  • your authorship of scholarly articles in the field,
  • displays of your work at exhibitions or showcases,
  • a leading or critical role for organizations that have a distinguished reputation,
  • proof that you have commanded a high salary or payment for services compared to others in the field, or commercial successes.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. I appreciate this opportunity to help you. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating. If you are very satisfied with my answer please take a moment to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page. The question thread remains open and you can ask follow-up questions.

Judith

Thank you Judith,
I have another question on top of this. How many criteria needs to be met. I vaguely remember a similar question posted by me and you reply I need to meet 3 out of these criterias. Please suggest if I recollect well or that was a different altogether.

Sorry, a minimum of 3 but they need to have heavy documentation if that is all he meets. Always to give more evidence of qualifying for more, if possible.

Your recollection was correct.

Judith

Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer