Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am filling out DS 160 for B1/B2 visa for me and wife. We…

Customer Question
I am filling out...

I am filling out DS 160 for B1/B2 visa for me and wife. We have 18 years old daughter, which was born in U.S. and has U.S. citizenship. Now she lives with us outside of US.
If we will answer the question "YES", meaning that we have immediate relative in the U.S, are we in lie position, stating she is "in the U.S." while she is "outside U.S." in fact?
If answer will be NO - are we in the position of "hiding the fact of existence of immediate relative - U.S."?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

I am citizen of Kazakhstan, no any immigrant petitions

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I do not think so, at the best of my knowledge

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/17/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 7 months ago
Edward Young

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Immigration Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 7 months ago

Since you do not have a relative living in the US, you can legitimately answer “No” to that question.

I hope this helps.

Please go ahead and rate me. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Immigration Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 7 months ago

Do you have another question for me? If not, please rate me. That is the only way that I get credit for the work that I have done for you.

Thanks