Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I change my address and I didn't get my interview notice now…

Customer Question
I change my address...

I change my address and I didn't get my interview notice now I don't know the venue pls HP

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My interview is this Monday

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/16/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an Immigration Law attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

Do you know whether USCIS recieved your change of address?

Have you made a myUSCIS online account? If so, you can log in and see your entire case history.

You should also see whether your change of address has been registered.

Your interview will be scheduled at the field office that services your zip code.

You should look up you case online, see what your registered address is, and you can then look up the field office by zip code.

You can follow this link to find out what the field office is that services your registered location:

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

You can also go into your local field office first thing on Monday morning (use the office finder for your zip code at the link I sent above), and let them know that you submitted your change of address but never received your interview notice, they can help direct you on what to do next to get this resolved.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!