Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am a Nigerian citizen.My brother who is a USA citizen

Customer Question
filled an I 130 petition...
I am a Nigerian citizen.My brother who is a USA citizen filled an I 130 petition for me 9 years ago. my priority date is in 4 years time. I want to apply for a B1/B2 visa to travel to the US for a vacation. Am I eligible?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/15/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 5 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

It's the same problem. You will still have immigrant intent even if the I-130 is withdrawn and the B-2 requires non-immigrant intent. So you will withdraw the I-130 for nothing. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Ely, Counselor at Law