Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

Request Law Educator Esq, It is unlikely, but best be

Customer Question
Request Law Educator Esq,It is...
Request Law Educator Esq,It is unlikely, but best be prepared. I let my passport expire. I have a possibility of going to China or other country. It is business, but could be permanent. Let's assume it is China. I will need to get a visa. What is the process?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
I need help with what is best a visitor or tourist visa. Depending on if anything works out it would need to be revised to a work visa
12/16/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

I see your question regarding a visa for China has gone unanswered. I just want to assure you that the immigration law experts are not ignoring you but this is a category for US law.

We do not have a China law category although it is a good idea given the global ties we have with the country.

Sincerely

Judith

I can work through the embassies. Thanks
Immigration Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team replied 2 months ago
Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Thank you for asking for me, I have no idea why I did not see the question when you posted it and I sincerely ***** ***** the delay.

You will first and foremost get your passport renewed. Then, if you are going to China, China does require any US Passport holder to apply through the Chinese Embassy or Consulate for a visa before traveling to China.

So if you do not get a visa before going to China you will be refused entry. If you end up with a job there, your employer would apply to get the visa status changed to allow you to work.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.