Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My husband has file a I-485 application to register

Customer Question
permanent residence and I -765...
My husband has file a I-485 application to register permanent residence and I -765 application for employment authorization. They received I applications back in 6/12/17. I am now 7 months pregnant and my husband want to work and we don’t understand the delay.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/15/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Welcome to JustAnswer! I have 34 years experience as an immigration attorney and I am here to help resolve your immigration issue. Tackling these issues can sometimes get confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone or document review, I am able to do that for an additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested.

There is definitely a problem because it is not taking more than 4-5 months for an I-765 to be approved. You will need to call USCIS customer service 800 number on the I-765 I-797 and request to speak to a "TIER 2 SUPERVISOR". The people who take general calls are not USCIS employees but contractors. A Tier 2 supervisor is a USCIS officer.

You can also file a request with your US Senator's office. You would go to their website and there is a link on their site to file an online request for assistance.

Here is a link to finding their website

https://contactsenators.com/

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. I appreciate this opportunity to help you. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating. If you are very satisfied with my answer please take a moment to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page. The question thread remains open and you can ask follow-up questions.

Judith