Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

How are you I live in Boston for about 10 years now I got…

Customer Question
Hi how are you...

Hi how are you My name is***** live in Boston for about 10 years now I got married 2 years ago I’m in the process to renew my green card I like to know what I’m going to need

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

If is that possible to apply for citizenship too because I been here for 10 years

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Are you there
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/15/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Hi

Welcome to JustAnswer! I have 34 years experience as an immigration attorney and I am here to help resolve your immigration issue. Tackling these issues can sometimes get confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone or document review, I am able to do that for an additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested.

You will need to submit evidence from the date your conditional residence status was approved to present that you had a valid marital relationship. That is the same evidence you submitted for your CR1.

Letters from people addressed to both you and your spouse, or in which the person who wrote the letter refers to both of you as a couple.
Any types of documents that have both your names on them that show that you bought a car, a house, furniture, or anything else together.
Any rental or lease agreements for your home or apartment with both of your names on it or a letter from the building manager or owner proving that you lived together.
Bank or financial statements that show that you had or have a savings or checking account together.
Any insurance documents that show that you were or still are covered by your spouse's insurance plan, or that your plan covers or covered him or her.
Bills, such as electricity, water, heat, cable TV, phone, or others that show both you and your spouse's names.
Jointly-filed Income tax papers (both your names).
An identification card that shows that you use your spouse's last name.
Membership cards for video clubs, grocery stores or similar businesses, that show joint membership.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. I appreciate this opportunity to help you. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating. If you are very satisfied with my answer please take a moment to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page. The question thread remains open and you can ask follow-up questions.

Judith

Do you have any answer

Yes, read above.

Judith

USCIS has your evidence up to the time you adjusted to conditional resident status. They now need evidence from the date of adjustment to present to prove you and your spouse have remained together in a marital relationship.

I am available to talk on the phone but wanted you to have the list in writing so you can refer to it when you are filing your I-751.

If you are very satisfied with my answer please take a moment to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page. The question thread remains open and you can ask follow-up questions.

Judith

May I ask if you still would like a phone call?

Also I was wanting to make sure you saw my answer and if you had more questions about the I-751.

Do you understand that experts are not paid unless you click on the 5 stars?

Judith

Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer