Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I am married to a philippine woman. we have been married for…

Customer Question
I am married to...

I am married to a philippine woman. we have been married for 10 years. she is a U.S. Citizen now. she has a daughter in the philippines who is married but has been separated for 12 years. How long would it take to get her here through a law firm and what would be the aprox cost

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Immigration Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Not a long question pretty much quick and to the point would be great

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

No I have not. it is so different since I file for my Wife as a fiance Visa years ago

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No I have not. came across this site while looking for a lawyer in Louisville Ky

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No Mame Thats all

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/14/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience. Please allow me some time to review your question.

How old is her daughter? Is her daughter planning to get divorced?

Thank you for your patience. Your answer is below. When you get your answers, you will be asked to give a rating - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated. This is important because this is how I credit for doing my job.

Keep in mind that my job is to provide you with information, whether the outcome is what you had hoped for or not. Only telling you what you to hear is not the purpose of this site and it doesn't do you any good. So if you are upset about the outcome but the quality of my customer service is good, please do not give me a negative rating. I am only a messenger. If you need more information, feel free to reply and let me know - I am here to help you.

ANSWER: Right now, it is taking about 10 - 12 years for an unmarried Filipino daughter of US citizens to come to the US through their US citizen parents. And it is taking around 22-23 years for married Filipino daughter of US citizens to come to the US.

Unfortunately, being separated but not divorced means she is still married; therefore she would be in the second category.

The government filing cost is about $850 at this time. By the time she is eligible to come, it is likely to cost more.

Attorneys charge various rates, depending on experience and location.

I hope that answers your questions.

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please remember to click on 4 or 5 stars (★★★★) on your computer screen. This is important because this is how I get credit for doing my job.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

Are you able to review my response?

Expert James
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer