Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Processing time form I-485. Processing time form I-864.

Processing time form I-485 ...

Processing time form I-485

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Processing time form I-864

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Processing time form I-485

12/12/2017
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Hi, I applied Form I-485 beginning July2017 and I have got a Letter to apply form I-864 which I did October 2017, I have an Alien number and receive numbers for the forms
hi and no, I only need to know the processing times
If you cannot type me an answer, thank you for your help

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Sometimes it is not the processing time, but how busy the local field office is that has to schedule an interview. What is the basis of your I-485 and what city and state do you live in?

hi and thank you for your answer. The Problem is, that my daughter filed Form I-130 already 12/31/2015 while I was still in Germany. In October 2016 I moved to the US and after various questions and meetings we filed form I-485 and now the USCIS asked me to file form I-864.
So my case first came from the USCIS Phoenix Field Office to the NVC and with the Adjustment Form I-485 to the Benefit Center in Missouri.
On the homepage of the USCIS case Statutes are not written processing times for Form I-864 and also for Form I-864
The Phoenix Field office is not responsible for my case, it is the USCIS in Lee's Summit, Missouri.
I meant Form I-864 and Form I-485...

But you are currently in the U.S.? How did you enter? And what city and state do you live in? And did you also file an I-131 Advance Parole to allow you to travel and I-765 to allow you to work?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

You are currently in the U.S.? How did you enter? And what city and state do you live in? And did you also file an I-131 Advance Parole to allow you to travel and I-765 to allow you to work?

Hi and thank you for your answer. I was not at home and so I could not respond.
I live in Arizona, Cottonwood. I moved to the US October28th 2016. In November 2016 we filed the form I-864 with the financial documents and told the NVC that I'm here and I wanted the processing here. I came to the US with a normal travelling
tourist visa.
After visiting the USCIS field office in Phoenix several times I was told that I have to file form I-485 which I did in May 2017.
I sent it to the Phoenix field office May 2nd. By end of May the Phoenix field office sent it back to me with the demand to send the form to the Chicago field office. I did it beginning July and also I paid the fee. I also wildes form I-765. In July 1st I moved to my new Apartment and told the USCIS my new address within 10 days. On Sept. 9th I have got 3 letters from USCIS - Notice of Action - they have sent these 2 times to the wrong address. The notice date of the letters was July 21st.
USCIS asked me again to file form I-864 again with my birth certificate and my daughters total income on Internal Revenue Service as reported on Federal income tax returns. So we did this on October 20th.
Until now is no further action. On Nov. 30th I Met a member of the stuff of Congressman Paul A. Gosar and told him the whole story. He promised to help. So now I'm waiting, but I was internste to find out General processing times on the forms. I found it for form I-765, but not for form I-864.
That's why I asked this question.
Thanks again for your help.
Kind Regals
Frank Etzold

Ok. Thank you for responding. If you want me to be honest, due to the mistakes made at the beginning, your true processing did not begin until July and since you failed to send in the I-864 in July with the I-485 (or you did not send in the proper supporting evidence), they had to stop processing until that was sent in. The "normal" processing time for such a case is 5 to 7 months and lately it has taken in some jurisdictions that are very busy, even 9 months or more. If the Phoenix, AZ USCIS Field Office is the location that you will interview, they are scheduling I-485 cases for interview that were filed January 2, 2017. If it is Tucson, AZ, they are at January 15, 2017, so not much better. Best case scenario, taking May as your start date, you are looking at an interview date in April 2018. But honestly, you are probably looking at June 2018 or even September 2018 due to the I-864 issue. As to the work permit and Advance Parole, that should come within 90 days of the fingerprints being taken. If the fingerprints have not been taken yet, then that should happen in the next few weeks.

Since the case is not really outside the normal processing time, the Congressman will not be able to do much. You can check the dates here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do;jsessionid=bacXD1OC9RCyFagQNRyeu

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!