Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My wife filed restraining order against me, will this affect…

Customer Question
My wife filed restraining...

My wife filed restraining order against me, will this affect my h1 b

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

In call

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/11/2017
Immigration Lawyer: NYCLAWYER, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
NYCLAWYER
NYCLAWYER, Lawyer
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.There would be no impact provided you are not arrested or charged with a crime. Avoid the matter escalating and have counsel on hand.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
My wife filed a restraining order against me (Court date is on Jan 17) and my h1b extension is in-progress with USCIS., could you please let me know this one will affect my H1B extension decision. If i'm convicted or not what will be impact in the H1B extension process.
It is not a criminal charge. You would not be affected on your visa provided you are not arrested or charged for violating the order.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
NYCLAWYER
NYCLAWYER
NYCLAWYER, Lawyer