Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am serving federal time and have an ICE detainer, my

Customer Question
I am serving federal...

I am serving federal time and have an ICE detainer, my country is south sudan, theyve sent me a letter stating that they are currently not accepting any persons for deportation.. what will happen to me when ICE picks me up after my time is served?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

I am a legal resident, came america as a child and have been on greencard since

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

This is the first time i speak to an immigration lawyer, i dont have options to really talk to one

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes they gave me an aggravated identity theft charge.. i just need to know what will happen

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
I came to america as a refugee and are classified as such.
12/9/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 7 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Unfortunately, you will be detained by ICE, would have a chance to ask for a bond if you qualified for one, and if you did, you would be released, but you would still have to go through the deportation process whether you are released or not. If you are ordered deported, since your country is not accepting deportees, you would then be released on a watch order which means that every few months or so, you would have to report in to ICE to verify where you are living and working. You will be allowed to apply for a work permit. This will continue until your country accepts deportees.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.