Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My question. how true is it that the H visa programmes have…

Customer Question
Hi, my name is*****...

Hi, my name is***** question. how true is it that the H visa programmes have been cancelled?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

No, I do not. I have a company, and would want to offer those programmes to people from Africa

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I would want to work with a Law firm that specializes in immigration for the purppose

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Basically the above, and I know, if it is possible to work with an immigration attorney, who can guide with the process, that would make a great success

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/9/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin,
 replied 4 months ago

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

replied 4 months ago

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

This is not true at all. If that happened, it would be BIG news and you wouldn't have to come here to find out. If you are going to offer this, so that you know, the information on the H-1B is basically that the candidate must have a job offer, the job offer must be for a company that is offering a position that is related to their degree and experience. The position must also normally require a bachelor's degree or higher. Your company must have a need for someone in that position and must have the resources to be able to pay the candidate what is normally paid to someone in that position. All these things must be provable with financials, business plan, etc. Also, because they are used up for this year, you will need to apply on April 1, 2018 for the candidate to start working on October 1, 2018 or later. The exception is if your company is cap exempt and for that your company would have to be an institution of higher education or its affiliated or related nonprofit entities or a nonprofit research organization, or a government research organization. Those are not subject to this numerical cap.

Here is an official link to the H-1B:

http://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/h-1b-specialty-occupations-dod-cooperative-research-and-development-project-workers-and-fashion-models

If you want to look for an attorney locally, you can go to www.ailalawyer.com.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

My company is.not looking at hiring anyone, but rather provide that service to individuals who want to come.to the US tobwork.
 replied 4 months ago

How do you plan to provide the service? Are you an attorney? Will you work under an attorney's supervision? What exactly are you planning to provide as a service?

replied 4 months ago

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!