Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I applied for Adjustment of status through political asylum…

Customer Question
Hi, I applied for Adjustment...
Hi, I applied for Adjustment of status through political asylum on June 2017, did my biometrics twice on July and August since then I didn’t hear anything from USCIS anymore, my online status is showing that FINGERPRINT FEE WAS RECEIVED and as a Next step is showing: “If we accept your case, you will receive a receipt notice. If we reject your case, we will send you an explanation with instructions” it past 6 months today since my case it’s not updated, I’m wondering why took so long for the next step?
And how long is taking now to get Decision of adjustment of status through political asylum?
Thanks
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/8/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 6 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

What date did you last enter the U.S.? You filed the I-589 within one year of that entry date? And you are not yet with Immigration Court? And what city and state do you live in?

Last time I entered the US is 2013 won political asylum june 2016 aplied for adjustment of status june 2017

And where do you live?

So that you are aware, many USCIS offices are backed up more than a year for Adjustment of Status interviews, but I will check once you tell me which city and state you live in.

So what city and state do you live in?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

What city and state do you live in?