Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU, I NEED SOME ADVICE, I JUST GOT

Customer Question
NICE TO HEAR FROM...

NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU, I NEED SOME ADVICE

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I JUST GOT MARRIED IN NOV WITH A BRAZLIAN ON ATOURIST VISA WAS NOT EXPECTED TO HAPPENED BUT WE WANT TO STAY TOGETHER SO I'M FILLING UP THE IMMIGRATION PAPERS, HOWEVER IT'S VERY COMPLICATED FOR 1ST TIME , JUST WANT TO DO THINGS RIGHT I'M A AMERICAN CITIZEN

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

NOT ENOUGH TO HIRE A LAWYER

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

HE'S STAY EXPIRED ON JANUARY 13TH

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/8/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 4 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Sure, what are your questions that I can help you with?

hi nice to meet you
I got married in nov with a brazlian tourist I'm a US citizen, he stayed expired jan 13th.
I'm trying to do the papers, do I have time enough to send the papers
I'm afraid we r running out of time
i prepared most of it but have few question:
I-693 gonna take some time can i send this after?
it's necessary send form for biometrics?

No, you should send everything at the same time. When you say she is running out of time, what do you mean, because if she came in on a tourist visa, she would have only had 6 months legally in the US which would have expired in July 2017?

actually he's a he....he enter 07/14/2017 after 6months expired 01/14/2018
here its' fine i can't talk I'm at work
married was a decision in the last 30 days ...
are u there?

Sorry, you did say "he", I meant "he." OH okay, I thought you said he entered in January 2017. So his stay expires on January 14, 2018.

In that case, YES you should have enough time to prepare everything and mail it in for it to reach USCIS (immigration) by January 14, 2018. The medical exam should only take about 3 days.

is this a machine?..I just mentioned to you i rather text.....

No problem. We can talk here. It's actually the website that offers the phone call, not me. I'm happy to talk to you here.

I'm not a machine.. but the website does offers you phone calls in case you want them. You can just keep saying no to that. I am a human :)

ok thanks...so the main question is what's my due date to send the papers when he's stayed expired 01/14/18
I'm missing the medical examination.

The best way so that he does not spend any time illegally in the US, is for USCIS (immigration) to receive everything by January 13. You have a month and that should be enough time. The medical exam only takes about 72 hours to get back once he goes in for the exam. It shouldn't take very long.

You just want to make sure that you fill out everything right and send all the right documents the first time so it doesn't get returned to you because then it will not count as being sent on time. But you should definitely have enough time to gather everything, fill everything out and mail it out by January. You may want to have an attorney review everything since you're under a time restraint.

do u have the check list :
I do have I-130
I-130A
I-485
I-864
I-765 READY PLUS SUPPORTING DOCS

That is correct. You may also want to submit the I-131 if he may want to travel before getting the green card. It's not necessary but it is a good idea to send and there's no additional charge.

There's also the I-693 medical that you mentioned.

I SAW I-131 HAS ANOTHER FEE?
I KNOW FOR SURE I HAVE TO PAY I-130 AND I-485 ANY OTHER FEE?
I MEAN ANY OTHER FEE FOR ANY OTHER FORM..

No, the I-131 doesn't have a fee when you're sending the I-130 and I-485. It's included.

The only fees are $535 and $1225.

Don't forget 2 passport pictures of him for each application - I-485, I-765, I-131, I-130 (only one for this one) and one picture of you for the I-130

I SAW IT'S ONLY 1140$
I–485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status 1,140$ new 985$ OLD FORM

Is he over 79 years old?

HE'S 31 Y/O

Then the fee is $1225 plus $535 for the I-130. You must add $85 to the $1140 that's why its $1225.

$85 IT'S THE BIOMETRICS FEE RIGHT?
SHOULD I DO 2 SEPARATES CHECK FOR THE I-485 AND BIOMETRICS OR AMONT TOGETHER?
DO I STILL NEED TO FILL UP THE BIOMETRICS FORM..I READ WAS ALREADY INCLUDED IN THE I-130 AS ITS THE SAME INFO..

Yes two checks is better.

You only need to do I-130A from him no more biometrics form

OK....WHAT ABOUT THE TRAVEL DOCUMENT FORM WHERE THE FEE ITS INCLUDED?
BECAUSE IF U FILL UP SEPARATE IT'S OVER 500$
IF I SEND THE PAPERS AND I DON'T RCEIVE ANY ANSWER AND HE'S OVERSTAYING WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN??
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS FOR WEDDING PICTURES IT OK PHOTOCOPIES OR ORIGINALS?
STILL THERE ,Ms.?
JEN MARIE.....!!!
wHY I NOT GETTING AN ANSWER FROM YOU?
HELLO?
IS THAT ALL I GET FOR MY PAYMENT?
THAT'S NOT NICE AT ALL.....

I'm so sorry, my internet was not working. That is definitely not all you get. Here are your answers.

The fee is included for the I-131. The ONLY fees you send are for I-130 and I-485. Trust me, this is my specialty.

Yes wedding pictures and any joint documents you have bank statements, joint bills, lease, etc.

If he overstays, that is still fine. He can submit it after but he will be illegal during that gap. Once you submit it, he will be back in a temporary legal status. It will be ok.

I know all these applications and documents and time restraints can get stressful. If you decide you do need help with review of all applications and documents before sending, I can send you an offer to exchange contact information so I may help you with these legal services for a reasonable fee. You don't have to decide if you would like that now, but just letting you know it's an affordable option for you to keep in mind for whenever you'd like.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Did you have additional questions? I'm sorry for the delay.

Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 3 months ago

Hello again... I see that you were able to view my answer , but you did not ask any follow ups or leave me any feed back.

Please let me know how else I can help AND PLEASE kindly keep in mind that we experts do not receive a salary from this website. We only receive credit when you leave a good rating for us with the stars ★★★★★ on the top of the page.

Thank you for your consideration of our work and time here. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney