Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have a KTN with a combination of 8 numbers and letters. I…

Customer Question
I have a KTN...

I have a KTN with a combination of 8 numbers and letters. I put in in on Air Canada and they wouldn't accept it because they say it needs 9.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Californai

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Flying to Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Don't understand your question about filed or reported.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/8/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

I am researching the TSA site to try to get you an answer to your Known Traveler Number problem.

Does your number begin with "98"?

There were changes on October 1st to the system You will need to logi n and use the new system TTP which replaced GOES:

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is pleased to announce the launch of its newest cloud-based website, the Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) System, which replaced the Global Online Enrollment System (GOES) on October 1, 2017. You may add the following website link to your favorites: https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/

The TTP System website uses Login.gov for authentication. When you first use the new TTP System website you will need to create a Login.gov account if you do not already have one. For more information on Login.gov, visit https://login.gov/. Please be advised that you will no longer be able to use your GOES user ID/password ***** login to the TTP System.

If you have ever applied to Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, or FAST, you will need to provide your PASSID the first time you setup your profile. Your PASSID, or membership number, can be located on the back of your TTP card or on previous notification letters. This will allow the TTP System to retrieve your information.

Applications that were started but not paid before October 1, 2017 have been cancelled. A new application will need to be submitted through the TTP System website.

Let me know if this was helpful. Hope you got ticketed.

Thanks

Judith