Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I receive letter for form g56 but the thing is im married…

Customer Question
I receive letter for...

I receive letter for form g56 but the thing is im married but i dont fill yet for my paper so i dont understand why they send me paper for go to the homeland security department

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I got a problem in court but the case was drop

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/8/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 4 months ago
Edward Young

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Immigration Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 4 months ago

You need to consult with an immigration attorney immediately. As I read your question, it sounds like you are married to a US citizen but have not filed to adjust your status yet. If this is correct, you need to tell this to the immigration lawyer you hire. This could be your defense in a removal action. My concern is that you may be removed from the U.S. if there is unopposed order of removal from a federal judge and nothing has bee filed on your behalf to seek other forms of relief. Even though you say your “problem in court” was dropped, it may affect your immigration status. The meeting may be nothing but should let a competent immigration attorney make that judgment.

If you give me the city and state where you live, I can give you the names of several highly rated lawyers that you can contact.

I hope this helps.

Please go ahead and rate me. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Immigration Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 4 months ago

Do you have another question for me? If not, please rate me. That is the only way that I get credit for the work that I have done for you.

Thanks

Edward Young
Edward Young
Edward Young