Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

Question about naturalization interview. i filled n-400. but…

Customer Question
Question about naturalization interview...

Question about naturalization interview. i filled n-400. but while reviewing, I saw this question and i answered no. Have you EVER been a member of, involved in, or in any way associated with any organization, association, fund, foundation, party, club, society, or similar group in the United States or in any other location in the world including any military service?

Lawyer's Assistant: No, you can ask a one off question to try things out.

Do i have to answer my church membership or AAA memebership for this question as well? Just confused.

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

Permanant residence

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No. i just need to know what to answer for the question. Have you EVER been a member of, involved in, or in any way associated with any organization, association, fund, foundation, party, club, society, or similar group in the United States or in any other location in the world including any military service?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/6/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

do i have to answer my church membership or AAA memebership for this question as well?

Technically, yes. Practically, many applicants omit minor organizations. I mean, everyone is a member of something. Does a book club count? Does a local sports league count? Etc. However I always recommend to fill it out as best as one can. USCIS is primarily looking for membership in organizations that are a threat to US, such as fascist, extremist, racist, etc. But it is always best to be thorough and the agent who process the application would likely appreciate you being thorough, even if none of your memberships are anything that they would care about.

So yes, one wants to list all that one can remember. If in doubt, include it.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

Ely, Counselor at Law